A PR visa is a type of permit that allows you to work and settle in the country with your family permanently. A PR visa holder can get citizenship status upon meeting specific requirements.
PR Points required for eligibility are 67 points out of 100.
Firstly, to be eligible to immigrate to Canada, it is required to fulfill
Six selection Requirement factors such as:
⦁ English language proficiency
⦁ Work experience
⦁ Arranged Employment
English Language Proficiency :
You must show that you have adequate knowledge of English by providing, with your citizenship application, proof that you can speak and listen in English with IELTS which is one of the world’s most popular high-stakes English language tests.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-year diploma from college, university, technical or trade school – 120 points.
- More than one degree, certificate or diploma (one must be for a 3-year or longer program) – 128 points.
- Master’s degree – 135 points.
Work Experience :
It is required to have at least one year of work experience in order to be eligible through the Skilled Worker category. You will score points as per the duration of your work experience. A candidate can get maximum points for having work experience of six years or more.
|Work in Canada Experience||Maximum points|
|2-3 years||11 Points|
|4-5 years||13 Points|
|Above 6 years||15 Points|
The maximum amount of points for the adaptability factor is 10. You can get them by adding up the points from up to two criteria. Even if more than two of these apply to you and your spouse, you can only get 10 points in total.
Arranged Employment :
Arranged employment in Canada (maximum 10 points) You can get points if you have a job offer of at least 1 year from a Canadian employer. You must get the job offer before you apply to come to Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker.
Maximum points on selection factors :
- Age (maximum 12 points)
- Language skills (maximum 28 points)
- Education (maximum 25 points)
- Work experience (maximum 15 points)
- Adaptability (maximum 10 points)
- Arranged employment in Canada (maximum 10 points)